Sizzling Salsa Steak Sandwich
BBQ/Grilled, Sandwiches & Wraps, Steaks, Tailgate
Cook these thin steaks on the grill or in a skillet. The creamy spread adds just a touch of spice.
4 beef rib eye steaks*, cut 1/2 inch thick
1/2 cup salsa picante, whatever hotness desired
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup green onions, chopped cracked black pepper lettuce leaves
4 oblong-shaped or Hoagie rolls
- Mix salsa, sour cream and green onions to make sandwich spread.
- Season both sides of steak with cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks over medium coals for 6-7 minutes, turn once after 4 minutes. Or, pan fry over medium-high heat for 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Spread rolls with 2 tablespoons spread per side. Top with lettuce leaf and sizzling steak.
- Serve immediately.
* Or use top loin steaks, cut 1/2-inch thick.